Re: gnome app pages (was confusingly Gnome Software Map)

Jeff Waugh wrote :
> Secondly, as someone mentioned on this list only
> a week or so ago, look at all the Apple product sites (also that you
can get
> info about almost any product using www.apple.com/<product>Secondly,
as someone mentioned on this list only

Yeah, I really like the apple.com's way. For example, if you go to
http://www.apple.com/safari,
you are redirected towards http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/safari/.

And a GNOME example :
http://www.gnome.org/epiphany -> http://www.gnome.org/desktop/epiphany

In each page of /desktop/, we can feature the app in a gnome-fashioned
way.
You know, like web2.0's "take a tour", with screenshots and/or
screencasts.

Gergely Nagy wrote :
> - integration

> So how can we integrate with other resources?

> We can display the feed from gnomefiles.org and link there, to channel
> visitors looking for the myriad of apps out there. We can link to, or
> possibly slurp some data from the projects pages. Gnomefiles could be
> used for general searching for apps, or displaying similar apps (e.g.
> based on their categores), etc.

Yeah, maybe we can provide a link like "Show me more applications of
this category" or so.
But I am not sure about that. I think that may disturb the user.

- Simon