To: "marketing list"
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: WGO : GNOME Software Map

>Gnomefiles has an unfriendly url scheme. Try guessing the app id...

Fixed:
http://www.gnomefiles.org/app.php/SSH+Tunnel+Manager

Also, gnomefiles.org is _not_ authoritative

I am not sure what this means.

and not translated.

No, and it will never be, because the developers only write their NEWS files in english. 95% of the site's content is created by the developers themselves. If I would make the site's own menus let's say in french, and all other content was submitted only in english, it would look really bad and confusing. English it is. I am personally Greek and I have no interest at all to see the site in Greek. I see no point.

Additionally, AFAIK app info can only be updated by the single person who registered it.

A team can very easily share a password to update their entry. The BEAST team does exactly that AFAIK. Gnomefiles is a single user site, and it will remain as such, as it's easier to maintain.

Eugenia