Re: Kiss this Gman when you meet him

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 17:11 -0700, Glynn Foster wrote:

> Not a huge amount as Paul said. There really wasn't a huge GNOME
> presence at GUADEC, though quite a few people running Ubuntu [and
> obviously GNOME]. We probably should have arranged a BOF or OSCamp
> session, but the week was pretty busy as it was.

You must mean OSCON, not GUADEC.  I would be in panic if there wasn't a
huge GNOME presence at GUADEC . :-)

> I think having a booth would have been good too, but requires a bit more
> coordination in the weeks leading up to OSCON.

Maybe if you got stuff to give away.  But it's mostly about bling at
those booths as you rightly blogged earlier.  I never really got a lot
of people coming to the booth who didn't a) already use GNOME b) who
didn't really care, but was looking for free stuff.  Frankly I got kinda
bored.  The real stuff was in side conversations.

Perhaps if we had a more flashy booth with lights and booth
entertainment.

That said, I'm sorry I missed your lightening talk.  Unfortunately, it
seems there is a quota on number of conferences I could go to, and I
used mine up.

sri

--
Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>