Re: Kiss this Gman when you meet him

Hey,

Quim Gil wrote:
> See http://www.gnome.org/~gman/blog/31072006
>
> Download http://www.gnome.org/~gman/gnome-update.pdf
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Glynn, can I ask how much time did you invest producing this
> presentation?

Not a huge amount of time actually - I just waded through a few tagged
photos on Flickr! Thanks to everyone who uploaded their photos, I was
able to capture most of the vibe at GUADEC with relatively little hassle.

> At the end Murray is right. We can plan and discuss and plan a second
> iteration and discuss more... but a complementary strategy is: JFDI.
>
> Sure, Glynn's presentation doesn't really explain what is the GNOME
> software to the OSCON attendees. But it makes me feel part of it, and I
> can imagine others seeing it and wanting to know more and, perhaps, be
> part of it. Like the TV adverts that ring better our bells.

I only had 5 minutes, so there wasn't a lot I could talk about. I
haven't yet run GNOME 2.15.x on my laptop, and the modules haven't been
decided yet, so there wasn't a huge amount I could have talked about.
I've also been feeling that the best presentations are about showing
pictures, and very few words - and this was emphasized at OSCON too.

Unfortunately, those types of slide decks aren't so useful to people
outside the actual talk.

> BTW, did you get any feedback from non-GNOME people at OSCON or
> wherever?

Not a huge amount as Paul said. There really wasn't a huge GNOME
presence at GUADEC, though quite a few people running Ubuntu [and
obviously GNOME]. We probably should have arranged a BOF or OSCamp
session, but the week was pretty busy as it was.

I think having a booth would have been good too, but requires a bit more
coordination in the weeks leading up to OSCON.

Glynn