multilanguage support

Am Dienstag, den 13.09.2005, 20:04 +1000 schrieb Hugh Buzacott:
> I am still pushing for a new GNOME.org so I created a mock-up.
>
> The mock-up is at http://www.geocities.com/bzctt/ and is only a front
> page but has links to the rest of normal GNOME.org through the header.
>
> It is just a suggestion so if you have any ideas and so forth just
> send them.

What I think is very important for GNOME is the internationalisation. I
think one could use the Apache multilanguage feature but also should let
choose a user what language he likes to see. I think to have a page in
as much languages as possible should be more important in GNOME than in
Windows (as we du support more languages. I really hate that gnome.org
only welcomes english speakers. I would liek to see a drop down language
menu - maybe also for countries. Many companies do have suzch things.

Some solutions:

 * http://www.ibm.com/
 * http://www.dell.com/
 * http://www.kde.org/
 * http://www.volvo.com/

I think we should also support different languages, although there are
local web pages form local GNOME representations. I look at GNOME.org as
a central starting point. On the examples above you sometimes see a link
to a local web site. I also would welcome such a solution.

Thilo

--
http://www.alternativ.net/~vinci
Jabber: vinci jabber org