Re: Christmas cards

On 9/12/05, Claus Schwarm <c schwarm gmx net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know about other parts of the world but in Germany it is quite
> common to sent christmas cards to customers, friends, relatives, etc.
>
> The first company I worked for used christmas cards produced by a
> charity foundation, for example. Since Open Source is a sort of charity,
> too, the idea is basically to make our 'own' cards.
>
> I've attached a very basic (speak: ugly) draft. I'm not used to
> Inkscape.
>
> However, we're used to artwork competitions. Getting better artwork
> shouldn't be a complicated problem.
>
> The winning card layout(s) could be used by companies supporting us,
> GNOME enthusiasts, etc. It's a rather easy way to present the idea of
> switching to normal people.
>
> Problem Number 1 is the money (as usual). Don't know if we could get
> financial support from Canonical, Novell, Redhat, etc.
>
> Problem Number 2 is we need someone to organize this.

Interesting idea*. Maybe this is something the gimp or inkscape people
would want to drive, as the 'graphics people'? Certainly they have the
artistic firepower to bring to bear :)

Luis

*And tangentially, we should consider sending something like this to
the FOG with a year-in-review kind of thing, which is traditional here
in the states- the head of the family sends out a summary of what the
family has done over the year ('little stephen graduated from
kindergarten, henrieta learned to drive', etc.) to all the friends of
the family.