Re: Some findings

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 12:07 +0000, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> Zitat von rajiv vyas <r rvyas gmail com>:
>
> > Google: This gets really interesting. There are 435 million times Linux
> > appeared on Google vs. Microsoft 716 million -- that's fantastic. KDE is
> > 15% more popular than GNOME on Google search,
>
> Well I sometimes think if it is not a bad sign if people need to use a
> search engine to get the information they want? ok, there are many people
> who use Google as a replacement for bookmarks now, but I am not sure how
> to calculate with that. It would be interesting to have some studies about
> search engine usage for that.

True. The point of these searches was to get some understanding about
the "Mind Share" of Open Source, Linux and GNOME. What's interesting is
that most major distributions such as RH, SuSE, Debian and Ubuntu ship
with GNOME as the default, yet KDE has more presence on the Web, blogs
and sometimes news.

Other is to accept, admire, understand and learn from products such as
Ubuntu, which has captured the mind share very quickly.

Rajiv