Stats on gnome.org sites

Hi,

A few months back, I asked if we had webaliser running on gnome.org since I wanted to have figures for visitors, hits and the rest for online store negociations.

It took a while, but they've been up for a couple of months now, and the results are reassuring (and for me, surprising). In September, for example, www.gnome.org topped 1,000,000 unique visits. Which is nice.

The detail further down in webaliser (entry pages, exit pages, browser usage and so on) should help provide quantitative data to guide any redesign of the web pages - for example, if a page is considered important, but isn't in the top 20 hits, perhaps it's not well signposted. Or if people are primarily entering and leaving via the front page, it's a fair bet they're not surfing around much.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me that this info would be useful.

http://www.gnome.org/stats
http://developer.gnome.org/stats
http://foundation.gnome.org/stats
http://planet.gnome.org/stats