Re: GNOME deployment in Macedonia - a few pictures

На саб, 2005-11-12 во 16:35 +0100, Murray Cumming напиша:
> Hi. I saw a TV report about this project this week. I think it was on
> BBC World, or maybe CNN. I noticed that some of the PCs seemed to be
> running Windows. So, is this all Linux and GNOME, or is it part of a
> wider project?
>
> I'm looking forward to the final article in the GNOME Journal.

Yes, there was a report on BBC, I just saw it yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't mentioned
anything about the software, I guess that wasn't the idea of the report in the first place, the
report was about the WiFi hot zones.

About the Windows machines, there are more than one computer labs in the
schools so the older PC's and some of the new ones are most probably
running Windows, I know that they were running Windows when I was in
high school. :\ The project involving the deployment of Linux and GNOME
was done later on 5000 PC's which were donated by the Chinese
government, I guess that the first reason was that the Ministry of
Education and the United States Agency for Development didn't want to
buy software licences for them so they chose Ubuntu. The rest of the
story is in the article.
--
Арангел Ангов
Слободен софтвер Македонија