Re: more random brainstorming

On 5/19/05, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Variations on just works:
>
> The desktop for people with better things to do
>
> Desktop software that doesn't get in the way
>
> Get on with it
>
> Just do it (might be taken...)
>
> Makes Stuff Work
>
> The Best of Breed Desktop (just for Luis)
>
> Easy, useful, unobtrusive
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.
>
> PS. I'm not so sure that we are not well-known to our target audiences.
> One possible (low-effort) strategy for us is to let Lunx get bigger on
> its own, and increase our share of the linux desktop. And on the linux
> desktop, the vast majority of people know about GNOME and KDE.

I disagree. We have to market to people who don't know much- the vast
majority of current users do know GNOME and KDE, but those people have
already made their choices, usually years ago. As we've seen in the
magazine discussion, KDE is viewed as the 'default' by a lot of people
who don't know better; we have to reach out to people (media, IT
people considering deployments, etc.) and associate ourselves firmly
as The Desktop for linux.

Luis