Re: Four (open-source) Greek fonts are now available, and why it's relevant

So, a more detailed followup to my first 'ooh, cool' post, and moving
to board a bit

I would love to do a press release, but it obviously opens up
questions of 'when will bitstream vera sans 1.0.1 come out?', which we
don't have answers to :)

Also, as far as I can tell (and please correct me if I'm wrong, Simos)
the only link to gnome here is that these fonts use the same license
as the fonts at gnome.org/fonts/, correct? That is an awfully tenous
link to market around, it seems to me, but I'm open to convincing?

/me thinks out loud...

Maybe we could move all the fonts to freedesktop, move the mailing
list there, get them hosted there, and include these other two fonts
with the same license at the same place (ideally), and do some press
around that? That seems like a much better place than gnome.org for
them, realistically, from a technical/organizational point of view,
anyway.

Luis (who has gotten into the bad habit of brainstorming aloud on lists :)