Re: Business cards

Hi Murray,

I inkscape a bit... what do you mean by 'line up vertically'? Do you want this?

   [GNOME Foot]       GNOME
   [GNOME Foot]       Foundation
   [GNOME Foot]       Member

Or do you want the text right- and left-aligned?

To my eye, the text looks aligned. The problem is more letter shape - the curved G and the slanted M *look* to be a few pixels to the right of the straight edged F, but they are very close to spot-on to my eye. Or is it the right edge that is causing you trouble?

Cheers,
Dave.

Murray Cumming a écrit :
I tried to use Adobe Illustrator to make the text line up vertically,
but it's not much better in Illustrator.

Here's the Illustrator .ai of my attempt, with exports as .eps, .svg
and .png:
http://www.murrayc.com/temp/gnomemarketing/gnome_member_logo_murrayc/

Gimp renders the svg identically to Illustrator but Inkscape arranges
the text differently. Maybe Gimp is using the embedded font information.