Re: [Fwd: GUADEC7 press release draft]

> * I think the board generally wanted to downplay the linkage between
> the two conferences- we might want to leave that out until we figure
> out the relationship more concretely.

The Barcelona team agrees wit this. We also want to downplay this
linkage before we know more specifically what is the relation with the IGC.

Just in case you thought we were specially interested promoting the IGC,
which is not the case. They host, we need to agree the terms and
conditions, we have aggod relation but thet's it.

More things:

- Speaking about he IGC, they have moved dates... I'm going to explain
this to the board list. I don't think the change is bad because it
leaves the IGC just one year after Stuttgart. We could start on Sat
27/may, having the weekend just for the GUADEC. On Monday would start
the IGC and it lasts until Fri 2/june. The board is considering how many
days would the GUADEC last.

- In general, people here feels more confortable when you locate
Bacelona like this: "Barcelona (Catalonia - Spain)". Mmm if you know
about Scotland, Quebec, Corsica, Basqueland, Bavaria, Puerto Rico, etc,
you may understand that something like this makes (almost) everybody happy.

- And the 'local guy' quote:

The secretary for Telecommunications and the Information Society in the
Catalan Government, Oriol Ferran, highlighted "the importance for
Catalunya to host events such as GUADEC as it helps us to support the
government's national policy to promote Free Software development".
According to Oriol Ferran "These meetings allow us to access the main
points of debate about Free Software development thus situating
Catalonia as an international reference point in this field".

Quim