Re: Publishing press releases in other languages than english

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:21:46 +0200
Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:

> I'm wondering if we have a way to publish press releases in other
> languages (e.g., french ;-)) so they can reach at least the "local"
> newspapers (french/french-speaking newspapers). This would be useful
> for translated GNOME press releases, but also for local groups press
> releases...

Why don't you simply collect adresses of freelancing journalists,
editors, journals, news papers, and other media who wrote about Linux
and/or GNOME before? You would then be able to sent press releases to
them, by email for example. See for example [1].

A more tricky question is to find out who's responsible about
Linux/Open Source stories within a journal. A simple and polite email or
a phone call should do it. If you get no response, well, you just found
a journalist who doesn't care about new stories, or contacts. No need to
mind about somebody like this.

Cheers,
Claus

[1] http://www.canadaone.com/promote/newsrelease5.html