Re: Website work

<quote who="James Henstridge">

> There have been a few discussions about improvements to the website on
> this list, however not many of them have resulted in the changes getting
> rolled out.
>
> One of the proposals that was discussed was making the various developer
> websites feel more coherent with some shared navigation.  This got as
> far as a mockup I put together:
>     http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/web-test/developer.html

I'm going to set up a shared module for the websites, so we can have common
css, images, etc. Once that is ready, shifting things over to the new style,
particularly between all the developer sites, will be much simpler.

> I also brought up redoing the wiki's skin to address some of the
> discoverability problems with the current skin.  This work is here:
>     http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/moin/
>
> This stalled because I did the skin for moin 1.3, so live.gnome.org
> would need to be migrated to that version before it could be used (the
> migration doesn't look like it should be too difficult, but it isn't
> something I can test due to the file permissions).

I've done some test runs locally; I'll do it on the live site soon.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 10th-12th        http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

        "We must be proactive, eternally vigilant, forever fighting,
             overwhelmingly clever and handsome." - Robert Love