Wiki best practices

Hi all,

The Wiki allows, as we all know, sub-pages with the notation
/SectionName/SubPage

This is a very useful way to identify grouped pages with a namespace,
and it's particularly useful if a great number of disparate groups are
sharing the same wiki (as is our case).

However, going beyong 2 levels is ususally not a good idea, and going to
4 is definitely a bad idea.

I would like to have the time to clean up the wiki in the near future,
but realistically, until August I'm in maintenance mode. If someone
wanted to take up the charge in the meantime, that would be great. For
example,

MarketingTeam/EventsOrganisation/GnomeEventBox/SuggestedCosts

could move to
MarketingTeam/GnomeEventBoxCosts

or even
MarketingTeam/EventBoxCosts

and it would be linked to from
MarketingTeam/EventBox

Just because there are lots of pages in the MarketingTeam hierarchy
doesn't mean they all need to be linked from the MarketingTeam page...

Our wiki has gotten to the stage where linking to deep pages (and
handling the wiki text with lots of "../../../"s) has gotten more
complicated than the benefit of the hierarchy.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary