Re: GNOME Member card

Hi,

Selon Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>:
> On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 12:13 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > Please remember, this is not a commercial business card. We can't allow
> > people to use the trademarked GNOME logo on their business cards without
> > explicit permission from the GNOME Foundation.
>
> What are the terms for this? Where can I find more information? Both me
> and my employer would like to put such a logo on my professional
> business cards. When doing free software things, I'm being the same
> person as when I'm doing things for customers of my employer. I'd like
> to use the same card. How does one get that explicit permission?

This is covered by typical trademark usage.

You ask for permission to use the logo for a particular purpose on
board-list gnome org  We have a stock "professional use" trademark agreement
that we have worked on, and if we're OK with the professional usage you're
asking for, we'll sign the trademark agreement, then send it to you to sign,
and you're good to go.

Cheers,
Dave.

--