Re: Linux Journal Awards

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> There's always work to do.
>
>   http://dot.kde.org/1099004959/

Posting to this thread again because I've just read it in the meatspace
edition.

  "For several years now, KDE and GNOME have finished first and second,
  respectively, with an ever-increasing distance between the two. This year,
  KDE received two votes for every one GNOME received."

We may joke about geeks voting on website polls, but these are our padawan
proto-hackers, the footsoldiers of guerilla marketing, and sirens of word of
mouth recommendation. We would do well to have them on our side. I would
rate this as our highest marketing (and development!) priority of the year.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

   "The beanbag is a triumph of modern day eclectic colourism..." - Catie
                                   Flick