Re: Object model of ThreePointZero

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:25:13 +1100
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> <quote who="Claus Schwarm">
>
> > I'm know this is not the right list to ask but does anybody know, or
> > is able to explain what this "object" paradigm for threepoint zero
> > means? Is this really just: "An object (ie. a file with a certain
> > type) has its own window"? What about the rest of the desktop?
> >
> > Maybe there is a web site with a description how a typical session
> > under the model might look like?
>
> No, it's immensely non-specific at the moment. In current GUIs,
> "Window, Icon, Menu, Pointer" (WIMP) are the first-class objects that
> matter most. The current Topaz discussion is all about first-class
> objects that really matter to users -> people, documents, events, etc.
> Don't try to nail it down too much, it's not even close to relevance
> yet.

I didn't wanted to nail it down, just understand.

> > The reason I'm asking on the marketing list is because I'm not quite
> > sure if the market implications of the model are indeed "pretty well
> > understood".
>
> (It's really off-topic for this list, and it's not really going to be
> of concern for some time.)

It's not that I thought, three point zero is around the corner. I'm
sure, you know the wiki page gets linked somewhere else already.

When people don't understand what they read there, it _may_ be spreading
FUD on their site. This is about communication, and thus marketing.

However, I apologize for being off-topic, then.

Cheers,

Claus