Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

On 12/14/05, Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com> wrote:

> So, we never get people to install and use GNOME.

no, at least not if "people" are windows end users.

> If we do not want
> that, why do we considering working with a GNOME brand?

because the fact that we're not an end user final product doesn't mean
we're not a product at all, or a brand.

> So GNOME is Ubuntu and/or Fedora Core.

no, it's a desktop environment, which currently exists by default in
ubuntu and fedora core (amongst other minor distros).

> So we should push these brands?
> We have to if we want success by the way of distros.

not directly, but it wouldn't be bad if we pushed the "desktop linux"
brand, alongside with many other parties (kde, ubuntu, etc).

> So, what are we really discussing here? Marketing a non-existing
> product? Sounds strange to me! :-)

i repeat: the fact that we're not an end user final product doesn't
mean we're not a product at all.

we are a product, but more in the line of intel (like someone said)
than the line of firefox.

--
Santiago Roza
Departamento I+D - Thymbra