Re: using blogs as measure of "buzz"

On 12/4/05, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Sri Ramkrishna">
>
> > I do not know how easy it's implement such a thing or getting word out
> > to use GNOME as a talkback subject.
>
> Just watch technorati searches. This is what I do to track mentions of me,
> Ubuntu, GNOME and other topics.

So, do you manually type in the search words in technorati for your
name, GNOME and Ubuntu?

A friend of mine helped me write a python script that uses Yahoo APIs.
So. to get market penetration level for GNOME, Ubuntu, etc., the
script searches Yahoo, YAhoo News and Yahoo Podcasts. What I get is
how many times the keywords appear on the Web, News and Podcasts.

Thanks,

Rajiv