using blogs as measure of "buzz"

It seems to me that we aren't using blogs to good advantage.  A lot of
them have a talk back feature based on subject.(so I understand)  It
would be cool to be able to record when someone talks about GNOME in
their blog and have some kind of hit counter to know how well known our
brand is.

It's a great measure on knowing how well are marketing going.  It can
also be used to guage interest in certain conferences that GNOME will be
at.

I do not know how easy it's implement such a thing or getting word out
to use GNOME as a talkback subject.

sri