Re: GNOME motto brainstorming

<quote who="YetZero">

> I think "Intuitive by design" has the two words that mostly represent
> Gnome at least for me, and it's not a cliche phrase, I think it has
> potential.

"intuitive" and "design" are features, not benefits. Let's put this in the
context of a tennis ball:

  Feature: bright green (user doesn't care)
  Benefit: you can always keep your eye on the ball (helps the user)

Back with GNOME:

  Feature: intuitive by design (user doesn't care)
  Benefit: gets out of the way so you can do your job / have fun (helps the
           user)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu USA & Europe Tour: Oct-Nov 2005            http://wiki.ubuntu.com/3BT

     "It is said that there are only six jokes in the world, and I can
    assure you that we can only broadcast three of them..." - John Watt,
                   the BBC's Head of Variety in the 30's