Re: Some criticisms of GNOME

> How about just authoring a considered response or two in blogs / elsewhere,
> then submitting your own story to Slashdot to the effect of "here's a
> criticism of GNOME, and here's our considered response". Be open and honest
> but also put the flamebaiting to rest.
>
> Really, if anyone can get that worked up at the lack of control over the
> colour of the window title bar then an adult response from you guys will only
> make the article (assuming it's similar in tenor to the forwarded email) look
> like a childish spat covering some interesting issues.

I think Tom's right, here. A direct, civil, and honest response would
probably be appreciated and hopefully prevent a few people from forming
an opinion based on some heated rant.

Speaking of the Slashdot crowd, would it be good to have a developer
volunteer to answer for one of "top 10 questions" posts? That way, we
could get a word in from our perspective, rather than unintentionally
encouraging speculation.

Or is most of this beyond a sanity threshold we should respond to?

-Travis