Pronouncing "GNOME"

This may rile a few people - feel free to flame me if this sounds
stupid. :)

I've noticed that the vast majority of new users tend to pronounce GNOME
as "gnome" (rather than "GUH-nome") - this was reiterated as I helped
out at the booth at LWE this week.

Would it make sense to change the official pronunciation of "GNOME" to
"gnome" to smooth out this blip? Or does this unnecessarily disassociate
it from GNU, etc.?

This may seem like a tiny detail, but I imagine a few non-hacker types
chuckle a little when they hear someone talk to them about how cool this
whole "GUH-nome" thing is, and I'd think it'd be easier for someone to
put together the sound "gnome" and the text "GNOME" in their in their
mind, etc. (though this may be less true for non/non-native English
speakers).

-Travis