Re: GNOME Logo Font

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Here are different variations of it using vera:
http://www.linuxgrrl.com/gnome-logos/

While Vera is a good free font, it was not designed as a logo-type font. Rather (I would imagine), it was designed to be a good general-purpose screen and print front, similar to Verdana/Georgia from Microsoft.

I'm not sure we should be making changes to a coherent design element (the current Gnome logo with wordmark) based on licensing issues.

Is it really a problem to have a proprietary font in the Gnome logo? In the versions of the logo available in the wiki, the text element has been converted to curves, so now it's really just SVG shapes.

Steven Garrity