Re: GNOME Logo Font

<quote who="J.B. Nicholson-Owens">

> I disagree, I think Bitstream Vera Sans Bold (the alternative in the upper
> left of the 2X2 matrix on http://www.linuxgrrl.com/gnome-logos/) looks
> quite nice.

I think it looks good, but there's a "human" element to Trebuchet that Vera
really doesn't stand up to. Have a look at Apple's old corporate typeface
(the serif one) and their new sans one -> they're very... personable and
approachable. Vera is too hard for that.

If we could find another font that had a similar human/approachable feel,
I'd be keen to switch. But finding a Free font like that is Hard.

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

     "If I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space." - Neil
                          Finn, Try Whistling This