Re: Giving a talk about GNOME on BSD

<quote who="Adam Weinberger">

> Hi! My name is Adam Weinberger. I'm adamw FreeBSD org, and
> adamw gnome org  I'll be giving a talk entitled "GNOME on BSD" in mid-May
> at BSDCan.
>
> I plan on giving a brief introduction to GNOME itself, an introduction to
> the GNOME development platform, a discussion of how GNOME and BSD have
> worked together, a sampling of apps that BSD admins and users will find
> especially interesting, and hopefully something about the future.
>
> Is there any canned information that I can use? Any recommended text to be
> read? Are there any official logos that I can insert into my presentation?
> Is there anything out there to make my job easier?

Hi Adam,

There are a whole bunch of presentations available here:

  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/marketing/

And a lot of marketing resources on live.gnome.org, including links to the
official logos and so on. I don't think the centralised talks thing worked
very well because it's difficult to submit talk content. We should either
set up a page of links on the wiki (easy), or figure out a more sensible way
of hosting/managing centralised talks (harder). I think it would be ideal if
we could have a central resource for this kind of stuff, particularly if we
could preview, read and archive them in the one spot. That's harder than
just linking to them, though. :-)

(Cc'ing public marketing list.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

   "I love 2001. Especially the beginning with the proto-humans screaming
    at each other and beating each other to death with rocks and bones.
      That very neatly encapsulates my whole concept of interpersonal
                     relationships." - Branden Robinson