Re: Example media files

Hello,
On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 01:30 -0500, Ian McIntosh wrote:
> In my opinion, the weakest link with Demo LiveCDs now is how they are
> mostly devoid of media.  You boot up a cool new Linux system, and you
> open up all these great programs (Rhythmbox, OpenOffice, Inkscape, etc.)
> and you stare at a blank page, or your empty song collection.

That is a very good point,a "Live" system is a very "plane" system, i
think some kind of "demo" would be cool, and will actually show GNOME
flexibilty and power.

> What I'd like to see is a rich media experience in a LiveCD.  I'd like
> to see at least one of each media file format in plain view when the
> user first logs in (so probably on the desktop or in a folder on the
> desktop).  An MP3, a PDF, an OpenOffice text document, spreadsheet, and
> presentation, an SVG file, a movie trailer (or IBM Linux ad?), an image
> ripe for GIMPing.  These also serve to demonstrate Nautilus' cool
> thumbnails,

That is a nice idea, something like the "system tour" included in  windows XP would be awesome.
Once the user is done with the "system tour". He/She could  play wih
those included media files.

> I'm attaching a first draft of an OpenOffice Writer Example document.
that is cool!, it should be easy to create a similar spreadsheet and
presentation that shows OO.o key features  as well.

Regards
amr