Wiki updates

Hi all,

Following some interesting discussions (on & off list) about my
poster ideas, I have added some comments to some of the wiki
pages.

First in the TargetMarkets page, I have added my comments about
the target audiences that we have vaguely pointed a finger at -
early adopters, ISVs, Linux distros, enterprise and public
sector, and finally the big market of "end users".

I intend my comments to be constructive, and to provoke
discussion. They are not always positive - I don't think that we
have more to offer than our competition in every market.

Second, I would like to discuss the core idea of my posters,
which is the use of references.

I was asked why I had put so much effort into collecting existing
deployments, and why I had spent time doing posters based on
them, and the answer was primarily because it was on the list of
things to do, and it was easy.

Talking heads posters are the easiest thing to do, they are
stories which are readily available, and they have a great morale
boosting effect within the project.

However, perhaps they are not the kind of posters we want to use.
I'm happy with the idea, though.

There was another question that came up too. I thought it would
be a good idea to have lots of poster designs, perhaps split into
families targetting different groups (LUGs, government,
companies) and print as required. I didn't think that say 12
poster ideas would be too many. Does this sound like a reasonable
way to go?

Cheers,
Dave.

--