Re: LiveCD Media Project

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 21:44 -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 20:53 -0500, Ian McIntosh wrote:
>
> > MPG, 7MB, "Building on the Past" movie
>
> If we can find it, maybe a copy of the redhat 'first they ignore you...'
> video?
[snip]

I talked to whomever it was that got the 'first they ignore you...'
video at guadec (sorry completely forgotten his name) and he said that
RH didn't have redistribution rights to the stock sequences that were
used - he'd only been allowed it under strict this video will self
destruct in 30 seconds kind of conditions. It was cool though.

> > Theora video, ?MB, is this necessary given that we already have an MPG?
> > (and limited space)
>
> In an ideal world, someone could do an MPG->Theora conversion and we'd
> ship Theora in preference to MPG, assuming we want to be consistent
> about our message.

I've tried following the first bit of these instructions
http://www.annodex.net/anx_theora.html to convert Building on the past
to theora, however the resulting ogg file crashes totem on my machine
(Ubuntu). FWIW,

http://www.devel.co.uk/pgc/Building_on_the_Past.ogg

Seems simple enough but my theora install must be borked somehow (or
more likely I've done something stupid). Another more difficult
alternative is if someone on the Foundation board wants to try and get
permission from Euronews to redistribute this broadcast about
Extremadura

http://www.devel.co.uk/pgc/euronews_extremadura.mpg

HTH,

Paul

--
Paul Cooper                    |  Tel: 0121 634 1620
Assistant Director             |  Fax: 0121 634 1630