Re: LiveCD Media Project

http://creativecommons.org/video/movingimagecontest

> Any particular reason you didn't put the Beasties track in there?

The three we chose were just the ones we thought would offend the fewest
people. :)  The Beasties song says something like: "Yes I'm pro-choice
I'm a scream and shout it."

> Then just symlink some stuff from elsewhere on the CD; there is plenty
> of art that needs to be included in the default desktop.

Good idea here.  I guess the user wouldn't be able to save over the
files where they live now (in the GIMP, for example), but it's probably
not a big deal.

> (1) It's not at all clear that it is even legal for us to ship
> (2) I feel strongly we need to push open formats; a little note that

I totally agree with you on both issues.  My ONLY concern is that the
user leaves the demo CONVINCED that Linux/GNOME can play their music.

Can we include easy instructions to help those hardcore MP3 kids add the
support during the demo?

Jeff, is there a final yes/no on MP3 and MPG support?

-Ian