Re: LiveCD Media Project

<quote who="Ian McIntosh">

> > I'd be uncomfortable shipping calc and writer without also shipping .abi
> > and .gnumeric docs. I'd even ship those in preference, at this time.
> > It's not a Free Desktop disc- it's a GNOME disc.
>
> What is the status of the GNOME LiveCD?  Right now I was assuming this
> data would first be used on the Ubuntu LiveCD which (I think) only has
> OO.o. I could be wrong about this (Jeff?).

Just want to clarify that there isn't an official GNOME LiveCD so far, but
Gnoppix will be the debranded version of the Ubuntu LiveCD, modified for
GNOME goals -> the GNOME Office apps should definitely be part of that.

Plus, having documents in different formats helps demonstrate interop with
Windows and other systems.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "Rick Moen is more an outlet for our repressed amazement than anything
                           else." - Nick Moffitt