Re: greetings. :-)

> Welcome aboard, sri!

Thanks! :-)

> Everyone, sri is working on the GNOME Summaries, to get them back in action,
> and is interested in collaborating with the marketing team for content and
> editing and stuff. Sweet! This list might be an appropriate forum for doing
> that work, and making sure the GNOME community is up to date with all the
> cool stuff that goes on!

Yep!

> sri, how would you like to get this going? Let us know how we can help. :-)

Well, I've completed last week's summaries.  (it was a bitch..this is not
something you should procrastinate on.. :-)  I do not have the cvs and
file releases information in the current XML file.  I'm going to release
it anyways (if everybody thinks thats alright) in order to make the Monday
deadline.  Next week, we'll do it right.  I'd like help next week in
putting this together sort of share the load.  I'm not sure how to do
that as of yet.  Any ideas would be great.

There is a mailing alias, gnome-summary gnome org which should probably
just be gnome-marketing gnome org   I'd love to get some help on
automating some of the processes.  Gnome summaries seem to me a manual
endeavor and I hate manual labor.  So I'm going to research how to do some
of this.

Finally, a little brainstorming effort on how to use GNOME summary in the
larger context of marketing. I'd like to hear your ideas there.  Right now
this stuff goes to footnotes, lwn, linuxnews etc.  Which is appropriate.

We also need to expand the translations especially in Asian countries
which I understand are operating in a vacuum.

Well thats enough for now.  Baby steps. :-)

sri