Google Summer of Code 2016 - newbie

Dear GNOME Maps' team,

I am writing to you with regard to a project idea for the Google Summer of Code 2016 edition, namely the integration of GNOME Maps with ownCloud.

My name is Theodor Stoican and I am a sophomore at the Polytechnic University of Bucharest. I am studying computer science and I am very interesting in open source development. I am very keen on learning new things and I am genuinely enthusiastic about Linux and programming, in general.

As a reference to my experience, I am a recurrent contributor to two local projects, Robocheck and World of USO (the former being an assignment checker and the latter, an online game designed to help freshmen students learn more about Operating Systems). Also, I have some Android experience and I am currently pursuing a front-end development course.

I would like to know, if possible, what I can do to contribute to this project and what bugs/features can be implemented by a newbie like me. :)

Cheers,
Theodor