Re: Question about choice of routing API

Sorry for the late reply. I hadn't heard about YOURS before this. The routing software I looked at for Maps was OSRM which seems really good and competent (it's what Mapbox offers to their customers) and Graphhopper which we choose based on their public instance having profiles also for cyclists and pedestrians (in addition to cars).

My suggestion is to check out out the GH and OSRM online demos and compare some routing results.

I have no clue whatsoever about how hard they are to deploy but they eat lots of storage and ram at least.

Also Peter @karusell Karich is a very friendly guy and has helped us out by providing us free usage of his server and I know he does consultancy work for Graphhopper as well.

Good luck!

Regards,
Mattias