[Mailman Site List] Bug reports, and some tips for gconftool-2

If I have send this mail to the wrong person, mail
this forward from me to the right one.

* I create a user
* I switch to the created user in a shell (not logged
in GNOME with him)
* I run this:
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
"/usr/share/images/desktop-base/D.E-Loggo.jpg"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme "Glider"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme "Flat-Blue"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/icon_theme "custom"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views "false"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/show_hidden_files "true"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/show_backup_files "true"
gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec
"mozilla-firefox"
gconftool-2 --shutdown # Write settings in 2.10

* No files is generated files in ~/ for the new user,
not direct after/after reboot
* Log in with the new user, just half of the
gconftool-2 setting is operated, this is the results:

Operated     = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename
"/usr/share/images/desktop-base/D.E-Loggo.jpg"
Operated     = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_theme "Glider"
Operated     = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/interface/icon_theme "Flat-Blue"
Operated     = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/icon_theme "custom"
Not operated = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views "false"
Not operated = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/show_hidden_files "true"
Not operated = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/file_views/show_backup_files "true"
Not operated = gconftool-2 --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/applications/browser/exec
"mozilla-firefox"
gconftool-2 --shutdown # Write settings in 2.10

OBS! gconftool-2 should also have this as options:
* Number of rows for the workspace switcher
* The height for the bottom panel if you want to
doubble it etc

I report this as a bug, all settings should really be
operated!

Mail me back and tell me if you're about to do
anything of the thing I informed you about, someone
else have probleby
done this but I really need to know, I'm about to use
this in a script that I've been working with for at
least 8 moths.
See http://www.sovix.com/

Cheers David Englund