Re: [Mailman Site List] Please remove my email from archive.

On ส., 2004-11-13 at 11:23 -0500, Matthew Galgoci wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure that we don't have a good written policy about this, but
> > I always treat the mailing list archives as immutable, unless there is
> > some potential legal hassle.  It looks like they voluntarily posted to
> > that mailing list, and there is no indication of what was removed, or
> > even that anything was removed.  It's not a big deal, just thought I'd
> > share my thoughts on this one.
>
> sourceware.org has a sane policy. http://sourceware.org/lists.html
>
> I'd also add a "we will snicker at you behind your back" clause.

I like this. We need a page like this. I'll try to plagiarize this page
for our own evil purposes at some point.

I was in two minds about carrying out this request, but I figured it
would probably be quicker to remove a couple of lines from a couple of
files, than it would to bring the cluebat out and explain things to this
guy. If we had a page like the above, it'd have been even quicker to
send him the link :)

Cheers,

--
Ross