Re: Problems starting the Linux Screen Reader LSR

(this time to the list)

2009/2/21 Dirk Marrenbach <marrenbach ift uni-stuttgart de>:
> I'm looking for an alternative system to Windows and JAWS for Windows.
>
> I'm trying to install the Linux Screen Reader (LSR) onto a Linux Mint System
> (Version 6). I'm using a HP 6820s Notebook with 2 GB RAM. The Mint Linux and
> the GNOME 2.24 System runs very well.

Hi Dirk,

sadly LSR is not under active development at the moment as the lead
developers were re-deployed elsewhere

You might like to look at GNOME Orca project which is being actively
developed and should work OK with your setup as long as Assistive
technology support is turned on. You can ask the friendly team on mail
list or IRC. Orca works very well with GNOME applications and Mozilla
Firefox/Thunderbird and supports Braille and magnification.

http://live.gnome.org/Orca

Steve Lee