Re: LSR won't start after installing

at-spi-registryd is only running once, not as root but as user (my
username).
Ending and restarting makes no difference.

Not that it should matter, but did you remove the version of LSR you
installed using aptitude before installing the new version from
source?

I'm failing to see how LSR is unable to connect to the registry with
the very sparse error that bonobo is issuing. I'll attempt installing
the latest LSR on an edgy system of my own sometime today or tomorrow
to see if I can reproduce the problem.

I quit Orca before starting LSR except when testing it with the -y switch.

This probably explains why you have intermittent speech output when
using -y. If you quit Orca, does -y always work?

Pete

at-spi-registryd is only running once, not as root but as user (my
username).
Ending and restarting makes no difference.
I quit Orca before starting LSR except when testing it with the -y switch.
Regards
Hermann