Re: Components

I'm also opposed to any move away from gnome

Peter

Roozbeh Pournader ha scritto:
On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 14:32 +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:

I'd suggest to move the non-GNOME specific part of this project to
Savannah,
 1. to increase its visibility,

I don't necessarily agree that a move to Savannah will increase
visibility. But I don't have the statistics.

 2. to ensure that it doesn't accidentally use glib.

I assume this is joke, isn't it?

Do we lose much of the GNOME user community by having the CVS and
bugtracker at Savannah rather than at gnome.org?

Yes, we will. But we may want to do that if we have enough reasons.

One main reason for NOT moving to Savannah (or freedesktop.org) are the
problems of limited resources and more bureaucracy in those hosting
projects. With GNOME, we get a mailing list in one day, we have a Wiki
in no time, etc.

Behdad has some experience with Savannah about GNU FriBidi, and may want
to share it with us. Behdad?

roozbeh