Re: correct formatting

Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> How can I have it as
>
> "Wednesday, 17 August 2005"
>
> that is, The weekday and month string comes from LC_MESSAGES and the
> format from LC_TIME?
>
> is it possible (at least in this project)?

The association between API functions and LC_* variables is fixed by POSIX,
and we won't change it. So the formatting and the week+month names come
from LC_TIME.

But with the CLDR-XML based approach, the user can modify the xml file
of the locale his LC_TIME variable points to, then rerun the cooker (if
necessary), and get the desired behaviour.

Bruno