Re: Comparison between CLDR and POSIX

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 17:23 +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> but I can also very well imagine users who want to
> have a right-to-left GUI but English for all the rest.

Well, I won't code extra for such users. If he wants such a feature, he
should customize his locale information instead and change its character
direction to right-to-left.

> Is the supplemental data important, btw? I tend to concentrate on the "core"
> part, until a first release.

Yes, it is. The default currencies for every territory only appears
there, for example. Or how each currency is rounded.

I have not been really active in CLDR for some time, but Peter probably
knows if there is more data moving into supplemental data or not.
Theoretically, everything that is not directly related to the language
but is related to the territory should move to the supplemental data,
including starting day of the week and weekend information.

Peter, can you elaborate?

roozbeh