Re: Comparison between CLDR and POSIX

On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 14:01 +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> <layout>               LC_GUI ?

I don't get your question mark. Is there such thing as LC_GUI defined
somewhere, or are you suggesting we introduce it?

> <numbers><symbols>     LC_NUMERIC
> <numbers><currencyFormats> LC_NUMERIC

Shouldn't this be LC_MONETARY?

> <collations>           LC_COLLATE

> What's your opinion about <layout> and <characters> ?

I would go for either LC_CTYPE, or LC_MESSAGES if we with to remain with
what we currently have.

BTW, POSIX (at least what we have in glibc) it is not as clean as we
wish it to be. <nativeZeroDigit> and some parts of <decimal> and <group>
are defined in glibc's LC_CTYPE, for example.

Also, some of stuff that is in supplemental data has some POSIX
equivalent, like characters.xml going into LC_CTYPE (glib's "translit_*"
files), and parts of supplementalData.xml (<currencyData>) going into
LC_MONETARY.

roozbeh