Odd DTD validation problem

Hello everybody,

Lately my Fedora 16 auto-upgraded libxml2 from a previous version to the latest rpm libxml2-2.7.8-8.fc16.i686, and suddenly the dtd validation starts to complain about missing declarations in the DTD file. Before this upgrade everything worked fine. And of course when I disable the validation it also works fine, but that is not the idea. I don't use libxml2 directly, I use libxml++.

When I use tools like xmllint the xml message also doesn't have any problems, so my conclusion is that the problem is not in libxml2, but libxml++ keeps on insisting the message is wrong.

Example message:

<?xml version="1.0"?><!DOCTYPE MYAPP SYSTEM "myapp.dtd"><MYAPP><Command type="Connect"/></MYAPP>

Gives these errors:

Validity error:
Line 1, column 76 (error):
No declaration for attribute type of element Command
Line 1, column 78 (error):
No declaration for element Command
Line 1, column 87 (error):
No declaration for element MYAPP

All the needed elements are in the dtd file, and like said before a command like:

xmllint test.xml -dtdvalid

doesn't give any problems.

I tried recompiling the latest versions of libxml2 and libxml++ and use these in my app, but the result is the same (only the Line and column numbers of the error are now added)

Does anybody have a clue why this is suddenly happening?