Re: storing xml document after editing

I made a test with the example program at http://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml++/tree/examples/dom_read_write
I added the following code to main.cc, after "if(parser)":

      // Add some text nodes
      xmlpp::Element* root = parser.get_document()->get_root_node();
      root->set_namespace_declaration("http://www.foo.org";, "added_ns");
      root->add_child("added_child1", "added_ns");
      xmlpp::Element* child = root->add_child("added_child2");
      child->set_child_text("added text in child 2");
      root->set_child_text("added text in root");

The added nodes are written by "document->write_to_file(filepath_out);", together with the original nodes.

I don't know why your added nodes are not written. If you want me to troubleshoot for you, you must supply a complete compilable program and any input data it may require.

Kjell