Node::find & XPath question

Hello.

I am starting to use libxml++, version 2.6 on Linux, and would like to get some advice on the following problem: for the same XML file and the same XPath, xmlpp::Node::find returns different resulting set.
I am using the absolute XPath: /root/*[@name="1"]/*[@name="1.2"]. To make the things even more stranger, the resulting set contains nodes from the deep levels ( level 4+ ).
I am trying to reproduce this behavior in a tester, but until now without any luck - xml++ behaves as expected. Even in the original program, I need to run 50+ cycles, before I reproduce the behavior.

Do you have an idea how I can attack this problem?

Thank you!