[libxml++] Lareg amount of text in a child

Hi,

I'm relatively new to C++ and libxml++ and looking for the best way of adding a signifcant, but varying amount of text to a child element. Currently I declare my child text as a char[256], but actually need something much bigger than this.

I have an option to break my string down, but haven;t found a way of appending to the end of the current value.

Hope that make sense, however obscure the application maybe.

regards

Gordon