Re: [libxml++] Revisting the Glib::ustring vs. std::string issue.

Yes and no.  The configuration change (the second change that I expect would not be integrated with the source) would be a change in the build configuration that changes the compilation, not the install.  It would be something that the package maintainer would be aware of, and nobody else.

The distributed libxml++ package would be shipped as it is today, with Glib::ustring as the storage.  The proposed (first) patch to the mainline code would simply:
 - rename all occurrences of Glib::ustring to xmlpp::string, and associated changes
 - add a "string.h" file that contains:
    namespace xmlpp {
      typedef ::Glib::ustring string;
    }
This would result in no change in process, effective API, binary, ABI, etc.  It simply makes things more flexible.

David

NOTICE: This e-mail contains information that may be confidential and proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure or other use of this e-mail or the information contained herein or attached hereto may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail without reading, printing, copying or forwarding it to anyone. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
AVIS : Ce courriel contient des renseignements qui peuvent etre confidentiels ou de propriete industrielle. Si vous n'etes pas le veritable destinataire, la diffusion ou l'usage de ce courriel, des renseignements qu'il contient ou des documents qui lui sont joints pourrait etre illegal. Il est donc strictement interdit de les diffuser ou de les utiliser. Si vous avez recu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expediteur immediatement et veuillez le supprimer sans le lire, l'imprimer, le sauvegarder ou le diffuser. Merci de votre aimable collaboration.