[libxml++] Benefit of the dependency on glibmm

Hi all,

I am new to libxml and libxml++ so I am not much familiar with the code of libxml++ (i've just had a quick and superfluous look). Reading the dependency requirements i stumbled upon the line "glibmm-2.4 <http://www.gtkmm.org/> (or a subset of it containing at least Glib::ustring)". As I am developing for the windows platform (along with linux and macos), I am a bit picky about dependencies (not easy on windows). What worried me here is the dependency on glibmm, which in turn depends on glib itself, which depends on several other gnu libs. My question is - how heavily does libxml++ depend on glibmm and on GLib::ustring? Is it theoretically possible to use std::string instead and possibly directly libiconv for unicode conversions? Is this a feasible idea, or I have missed something in my quick look?

Best regards
Alex
begin:vcard
fn:Alexander Vassilev